Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ode to the South

Ode to the South
To those in the south, this paean's for you,
To all of those proud of their neck's red hue.
Who cares you can't talk right, or read well for that,
Who cares that fried foods make you look a bit fat!
You think well of your okra, hominy and grits,
Though I can't agree- it gives my throat fits.
Who cares that your grandpappies lost the great war,
although by now that flag's an eyesore.
You're where the folks are friendly and kind,
Unlike the north, according to your unbiased mind.
Only one thing that bothers me, that gets me each time,
That I consider just a little less than crime:
Oh you Southern girls and boys,
Please quit saying it, "Illinois"!

-Dan Sewell

1 comment:

Chris McNeal said...

Dan, I was so happy to find that you have a blog. I enjoyed your thoughts on morality very much. As soon as Dave gets better we must have practices. He currently has a 103 fever.